Monday, May 3, 2010

Well that's just Sucktastic!

So yesterday in my email I received an unwelcome surprise. A "not really a rejection" rejection of one of my short stories from Strangetastic magazine.

Seems the guy got in over his head and can't keep up with the submissions, so he's just sending everything back and starting over with some seriously more limited submission guidelines. My story would have fit those guidelines except that it was about 250 words too long.

Can I tell you how bad that sucks? I spent a long time searching through Duotrope looking for just the right fit for that story. Now, well, just let me give out a Charlie Brown "Augh!"

Oh well, all is not lost, I found another possible home for it. I just submitted Grandmother Dearest to Arkham Tales. We'll see how that goes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment