Saturday, May 1, 2010

In a sea of many agents, one bad fish

In a previous post I told you that my Husband recently finished his first novel and we've been sending out Query letters to agents. I've been monitoring the e-mails for him as they come back. So far we've gotten a few rejections and I am pleased to note that most of them are at least professional and nice about it, even the ones that use form letters still use a form letter that is professional and nice.

Except for one guy. He sent back a one line response.

"Thanks, but we will pass."

Thinking I may just have a thin skin and that wasn't maybe as rude and dismissive as I thought, I Googled the guy.

Where I found other authors complaining that he was rude and dismissive.

Then I looked up some web pages on him.

Where I found out he is a pompous ass.

Now I won't do this, but I sure am tempted to reply with:

"That's okay, I think you did me a favor. Besides, I was apprehensive about sending a query to an Agent who's main office is in Florida anyway. Would you like a coupon for some depends? I think I have one sitting around here somewhere. Snicker."

Write on ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment